The NAMI S.E.A. Center is located at 9401 Southwest Fwy Suite 1234, Houston, TX 77074. It is open Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM, 713-970-4483, and by email email@example.com. Due to precautions related to COVID-19, you are encouraged to call and leave a message or email us.
The Support Education & Advocacy (S.E.A) Center is a peer-run innovative warm line and Referral Service. The S.E.A. Center is open to any individual who has a mental illness or a brain disorder, as well as family members and close friends of those living with a mental illness. There is no cost or referral necessary to participate. The S.E.A center offers warm line services.
What to expect from the SEA Center:
- Emotional support and intervention information that can prevent a crisis – and a more costly 911 call or ER visit. The lines are typically available. Our support is free. Confidential peer-support services are staffed by volunteers or paid employees who have experienced mental health conditions themselves.
- Printed and electronic materials that provide information on mental illness diagnoses, coping skills and advocacy.
- Friendly help from people who have faced psychiatric and/or substance abuse conditions themselves, or as family members/close friends
- A welcoming office space for informal sharing of resources and experience with trained volunteers who can help overcome the initial shock that accompanies a new diagnosis of mental illness – kindness and a cup of coffee spell acceptance and that can do a lot to erase the stigma associated with these illnesses.
- Internet connection and database access to aid in research of community resources and information.
- SEA Center hours are Tuesday through Thursday from 10:00 am-3:00 pm.