The NAMI S.E.A. Center is located at 9401 Southwest Fwy Suite 1234, Houston, TX 77074. It is open Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM, 713-970-4483, and by email email@example.com. You are encouraged to call and leave a message or email us.
The Support Education & Advocacy (S.E.A) Center is a peer-run operation dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy through opportunities and resources for individuals and their loved ones. Peer specialists are available to help callers find their own path to mental health recovery.
The S.E.A. Center is open to any individual who has a mental illness or a brain disorder, as well as family members and close friends of those living with a mental illness. There is no cost or referral necessary to participate. The S.E.A center offers warm line services.
What to expect from the SEA Center:
- Emotional support and intervention information that can prevent a crisis – and a more costly 911 call or ER visit. The lines are typically available. Our support is free. Confidential peer-support services are staffed by volunteers or paid employees who have experienced mental health conditions themselves.
- Printed and electronic materials that provide information on mental illness diagnoses, coping skills and advocacy.
- Friendly help from people who have faced psychiatric and/or substance abuse conditions themselves, or as family members/close friends
- A welcoming office space for informal sharing of resources and experience with trained volunteers who can help overcome the initial shock that accompanies a new diagnosis of mental illness – kindness and a cup of coffee spell acceptance and that can do a lot to erase the stigma associated with these illnesses.
- Internet connection and database access to aid in research of community resources and information.
- SEA Center hours are Tuesday through Thursday from 10:00 am-3:00 pm.